Monday, January 13, 2014

Post #1

My name is Morgan, and I currently work as a GA Pre-K assistant teacher in Sugar Hill, Georgia. I'm using this blog as part of my graduate school coursework in Instructional Technology - School Library Media Concentration. Below are some of my goals for this particular course this semester.


  • Goal #1 - To learn even more Web 2.0 tools to add to my professional repertoire. I learned of several last semester, and I'm always looking to find more! I'm also hoping that now I'm more comfortable with them, I'll be able to use them more efficiently and with more confidence. 
  • Goal #2 - To find more ways to incorporate technology with Pre-K age students. A lot of the Web 2.0 tools I've discovered on my own have been more geared towards much older students. I think it's important to start them young! They're already pretty advanced with their parents smartphones and tablets by the age of 4, why not incorporate more technology into their school lives, too?

4 comments:

  1. Having a fake twitter in order to teach them basic sentence structure might be fun. You could even use it for them to learn time of day based on what the tweet is saying. I teach High School and a lot of them think they're "too cool" for activities like that, but once they get into them, they enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I love about Web 2.0 tools is that they tend to be very versatile. They can be used with very young learners as well as adult learners. Glogster and ThingLink come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe this course will teach us a great deal of information that we will be able to use in our classroom environments and enhance our students' knowledge of technology as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you want to increase you knowledge of Web 2.0 tools. They are great to use in the classroom and kids love to use them to create things with. The students have even introduced me to some of them!

    ReplyDelete